MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Oddity...Issue installing Team Render Update R15.037

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vaughan
Oddity...Issue installing Team Render Update R15.037
on Nov 25, 2013 at 10:34:56 am

I've got a weird anomaly that's a bit of an annoyance. My main machine is running C4d R15.037; however on the same machine, the team render client is still on version R15.007(?--the previous version) I've tried downloading the update and manually installing, but it's not happening. I'm showing it in the history as if it was installed.
The problem becomes evident when I move the main render to another machine and try to connect. I get ye ole "cannot connect due to not being the correct version". I'd like to use one of my other machines as the "master server" for the render as I may need the main machine for other work during the day. It'd be nice to stop rendering and restart if I need to without stopping the render.
Any idea (or solution) as to why the team render CLIENT is refusing to update while the program itself is? And all other machines have had no problem updating???

Thanks!

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Robert Figueira
Re: Oddity...Issue installing Team Render Update R15.037
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:27:10 am

Hey, I had the exact same problem where C4D thought I had installed this exact update when I actually hadn't. What solved my problem is going into the (I'm on a mac so you'll have to extrapolate for windows as best you can if you're on windows) /applications/maxon/cinema 4d R15/resource/updates and literally delete everything in that entire folder (but leave the empty updates folder). This will make C4D forget what updates it has actually installed. Then you can manually download the updater from maxon http://www.maxon.net/support/updates/cinema-4d-r15.html and go to help/manual installation... and choose the update file you downloaded. Hope this helps!

Robert

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:53:57 am

Thanks Robert, that actually makes sense. I figured if I was having this issue, others would probably see it as well at some point. This solution worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Jan Vork
on Jul 2, 2015 at 9:28:56 am

Thanks for your possible solution, this helps me to find out how to install the manual update. (Although it's quite tough to find the 'Help' menu in TR-client - it is hidden in the Console-tab)

Unfortunately, I still have installation trouble. In my case, the TR-update just doesn't begin. I followed your instructions - removed the contents of the updates-folders. But when I start the update (whether manual or download), it keeps stuck at Estimating Time Left, with no progression.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

http://www.jaydude.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]