MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Offset position of each object in a group

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapmanOffset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 10:20:40 am

Something that seems so easy but I'm hitting a wall.

I have a bunch of objects in a null. I simply need to randomly offset each objects individual position. I thought it'd be as easy as dropping a random effector (set to object) into the null with the objects....but this moves them all as one group. Also, I should mention that all the objects are already keyframed...so that's why i was hoping for a quick mograph solution to this.....to just throw each object off a few units, while keeping their keyframes.

Thanks

-dean

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Offset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:12:25 pm

The random effector will work if you set the random mode (effector tab) to noise or turbulence.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Offset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 5:02:28 pm

If you use Noise or Turbulence you may also want to check the Indexed box to generate unique random values per axis.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

dean chapmanRe: Offset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:33:13 pm

hmm, so that just doesn't seem to work for me. It still movies all the objects within the null in the same exact movement. I need each object to be affected differently. i've uploaded a test file. It's just 5 primitives in the same position placed in a null with the random effector in there. They all move, but they all share the exact same path....I also selected "indexed" but that does nothing.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

-d

6835_randomtest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Offset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:16:48 pm

Yeah, if they all start out in exactly the same space it won't work. Why don't you put them in a cloner set to the same number as the number of objects you have? Then you can apply the random effector normally.

Return to posts index

dean chapmanRe: Offset position of each object in a group
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:47:03 pm

Brilliant! Thanks Adam! That did it. Sweet deal, thanks man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]