MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lighting isn't consistent between camera angles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel corwinLighting isn't consistent between camera angles
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 8:36:17 pm

Hi
I've been lighting and texturing a scene and have been having trouble getting lighting consistency when I move around my cameras. Sometimes the scene is lit really well, and other times its as though the lights aren't even reading. I've been trying to trouble shoot this for two days and am at a loss. I'm attaching a link to the scene file. If any one could help me understand what is going on, that would be so great! I put images of the lighting differences in the folder as well. (no settings were changes between these images) just different camera positions.
Thanks!
Joel

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ao3kkty5wrr08me/Zulq0y-t3g

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Lighting isn't consistent between camera angles
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:26:00 pm

I think that there's very little actual light in your scene at the moment. Some frames look brighter because of the visible light. Turn that off and it's almost 100% dark from every angle.

The problem seems to have something to do with the water planes on the floor. They're blocking the light from below, and perhaps also blocking bounce light (because you have generate GI turned off in the materials). Delete those materials and the scene brightens up considerably.

Return to posts index

joel corwinRe: Lighting isn't consistent between camera angles
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:46:05 pm

AH!!!! Thank you very much! I'd never have thought of that. Guess I'll fiddle around with the floor layers to get it working properly. Yay! so excited.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Lighting isn't consistent between camera angles
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:03:03 am

Just checking out some more things and it turns out that the culprit is the absorption distance of the Liquid - Water Ocean transparency. Change it from 25cm to 1000cm and the difference is night and day. Weird, considering that the material is on a flat plane. I guess the absorption distance just depends on the surface normals?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]