MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fracture object on 'explode segments and connect' breaks colour gradient on extrude nerbs object.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Sewell
Fracture object on 'explode segments and connect' breaks colour gradient on extrude nerbs object.
on Nov 18, 2013 at 3:34:54 pm

6808_colourtexturegradientbreakswithfractureobject.c4d.zip

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of circles made from an extrude nerbs object which have one texture applied.

This texture has a colour gradient on it.

The circles need to fall into place in a random way. To do this, I've put the extrude nerbs circles object into a fracture object, which is set to 'explode segments and connect'. This has then a random effector with the Y axis animated to create the movement.

The problem is that when the fracture object is placed onto 'explode segments and connect', it breaks the colour gradient on the extrude nerbs circles object.

The question is, how can I maintain the animation using the mograph tools, whilst maintaing my colour gradient across my one extrude nerbs object?

The project file is attached, and at the moment, the fracture object is set to 'explode segments and connect'. To see the desired colour gradient change the fracture object to 'straight'. - As if I need to explain that! :)

Many thanks for your help guys!

Cheers,
Jack

6808_colourtexturegradientbreakswithfractureobject.c4d.zip

http://www.jacksewellvideo.com

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Fracture object on 'explode segments and connect' breaks colour gradient on extrude nerbs object.
on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:11:56 pm

I would use a different gradient type, like U 2D, place the texture on the fracture object, set the projection type to flat, and move/rotate/scale the projection to taste.

Return to posts index

Jack Sewell
Re: Fracture object on 'explode segments and connect' breaks colour gradient on extrude nerbs object.
on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:16:26 pm

Brilliant! Worked a treat - your expertise is very much appreciated, thank you Adam!

http://www.jacksewellvideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]