MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bend Deformer Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hallman
Bend Deformer Issue
on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:21:25 pm

I am trying to create a spring that curves so that it will conform to the underlying structure. I created the spring by placing a circle spline and helix spline as children of a sweep nurbs. I then tried using a bend deformer but instead of bending the spring it stretches it. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Bend Deformer Issue
on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:47:20 pm

The key thing about the bend deformer is that you have to rotate it properly in relation to the thing your bending. So, for a long object like a spring, the bend deformer's Z axis should be pointing up or down and the deformer's Y axis should be pointing along the length of the object to be bent.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:51:10 pm

[Ryan Hallman] " I then tried using a bend deformer but instead of bending the spring it stretches it."

It's not bending the spring at all?

The stretching you're describing may be a result of the bend deformer not being located at the center of the spring. If you have R14 or up you might try using the "Fit to Parent" command on the bend deformer.

Also I'd recommend enabling Keep Y-Axis Length on the bend deformer.

If you want more specific help you can upload a scene file.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
on Nov 11, 2013 at 11:14:53 pm

Thanks a lot guys! Your solutions are straightforward and easy. I don't know why I couldn't figure that out myself.

Cheers!
Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]