MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Transparent one Object with a other.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Hinze
Transparent one Object with a other.
on Nov 10, 2013 at 6:12:13 pm

Hey,

i make a Animation in C4d where i show the funktion of a maschine, i try to make the case tranparent so you can see the inside wile funktioning.

I want to make a cube and animate the position so half of the maschine is inside and the other half is outside of the cube.
(peace of cake, i donĀ“t need help whit that)

Then, i want to tell the texture of the case that its transparent if its inside of the cube and i have no idea how to do this.
Can someone help please?!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Transparent one Object with a other.
on Nov 10, 2013 at 7:40:42 pm

this is what the Boole object is for, place the machine (it can be many parts inside a Null too) and the Cube in (as children) of the Boole. The default setting of the Boole (A subtract B) will do what you want.

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:22:41 pm

sounds like some xpresso broham. try this out:

drag the case into the xpresso field.
drag the texture into the xpresso field
drag the components in there too, preferably grouped under a null.

in the texture field youll want to link up the transparency brightness and correlate it to the position of an axis of the case youre moving it in minus the position of the null grouping your components.

work out the math so that by the time the distance equals 0, transparency equals 100. use the range mapper.

now when the object is outside the case, the case will be opaque and as it moves into the case itll interpolate to complete transparency. if your only wanting a window, Id say restrict the texture to a polygon selection.

also if you don't like rigs, you can manually animate the transparency

Return to posts index

Stefan Hinze
on Nov 11, 2013 at 10:10:31 am

Hey thanks for your replys guys!!

After i postet my question and was ready to go to sleep, i got aware that i did not post the whole settings to you.

There is a animation that shows the funktion, and therefore i use Dynamic-Body (RidgetBody Tag) and the emitted objects need some sort of object to keep them from falling.

How ever, i will use the Boolean.

I will dublicate the model, make one copy 100% transparent (to keep the emitted objekts) and the visible objekt will get the boolean so i can cut it in half (visualy).

I know, this way the computer will need to render the model 2 times ... but i think the way i will make it is somehow save for me, beouse i know how to do the thinks i described.

IF SOMEONE KNOWS A OTHER/BETTER WAY -- Keep it comming!!!

Sometimes it helps to get a little push from outside!
Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:53:32 pm

that way would be simple enough if you just use Alpha on the invisible object (rather than Transparency). I don't know what kind of a time hit that would be. There is a plugin that will do what you want - rBoole by David O'Reilly (not free) but you would have to know how to run it since there are several ways to use the plugin and only one does what you want - I just tested and it works though.
I would try your way first and if you don't find the renders too long use that.

Return to posts index

Stefan Hinze
on Nov 19, 2013 at 7:05:02 am

thanks Biran,
ich think i will give it a try, the render was
1 sek of animation = 1h of render time
:(

(take a step back, to see the bigger picture)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]