MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sun coordinates in physical sky

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joey campbell
Sun coordinates in physical sky
on Nov 10, 2013 at 5:03:08 pm

Hi - I'd like to export a null from c4d to add a flare inside afx.
How can I find out the location/coordinates of the sun (part of a physical sky) so I can place the null there ?
Joey

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
Re: Sun coordinates in physical sky
on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:17:46 pm

sounds like a long process but I would animate whatever scene your doing twice. first with a sphere blocking out the sun, then without it. track the sphere and add the tracking data to the null and delete the clip with the sphere. what youll be left with is a null that tracks the sun and you just do your thing with the flares

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:29:49 am

In the sky object's sun tab there's an option to use an object in place of the sun. I would place a null or light in there. If you're using a null, give it an external compositing tag and save out an aec file, with export 3D data checked. Before you do that, set the sun distance scale to something like 1%. Otherwise the null will be a million miles away.

If you use a light I think you can just export the aec with the lights option.

Then clear the sun>object tab and proceed as usual (but save the aec file under a different name if you're exporting other things).

Return to posts index

joey campbell
on Nov 13, 2013 at 9:50:16 am

Thanks for the feedback guys - I think I'll go with Adams suggestion as its more what I'm after

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]