MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D and Mavericks

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bronson HooverC4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:28:58 pm

Has anyone used C4D R13 Broadcast with Mavericks yet? Can I update my OS?

Thanks!

++bronson

Return to posts index

Bronson HooverRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:49:10 pm

OK - let's broaden the question. Is it safe to update to Mavericks for any version of R13? Just a little hesitant over here.

Thanks.

++bronson

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:18:20 pm

OSX and Mavericks appear to be fine (no problems here at all) for R14 and R15 is all I can say. I have not seen any problems will 13 either (all versions Studio) but have not run it very much compared to 14 and 15.

Return to posts index

Bronson HooverRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:24:16 pm

Thanks Brian!

++bronson

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 14, 2013 at 8:56:08 pm

I'm running Mavericks and C4D R15.... I would STRONGLY advise against "upgrading" to Mavericks.
I haven't been able to reproduce the issue step-by-step, but so far have had my MacPro 2012 completely freeze up several times, and its been while using C4D. Each time has been while opening a file from the Finder, the computer has completely locked up... clock stops moving, only thing movable is mouse for some reason. Its making me feel like I'm back in OS9!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:26:02 pm

plugins? So far (two machines both 2008 MacPro) I have seen something like this only when trying to enter stuff into HOT while playing the timeline... and HOT is 0.3 alpha, no other problems (at least yet)

Return to posts index

Craig WilkinsonRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:11:26 pm

I have the same issue just rear it's ugly head with Mavericks and R15. Attempting to open files from the finder locks up C4D. All I can do is quit. It was fine for a while. Tried a fresh install of Cinema, and a new, blank project, same issue. Maxon suggested trashing prefs, which worked for a while, then problem returned.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:31:15 pm

have you tried pulling all plugins out of the plugin folder (assuming you have any) then starting C4D?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:14:52 pm

Yes. I reinstalled C4D afresh, so no Plug-ins.

I'm now running the exact same configuration, files and plug-ins on my pre-mavericks macbookpro and all is fine.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:30:06 pm

still no problems here so I'm just curious at this point, what is the machine with Mavericks? What is the graphics card in it?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:37:00 pm

Early 2008 MacPro 2 x 2.8 Quad core with Quadro 4000

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:53:07 pm

both mine are ATI cards the original 2600 and a 3870 in the other. Did you always have the Quadro or is it after-market and you can try the original card back in it?

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:16:28 pm

I emailed Maxon about it and they suggested the same thing, trashing prefs etc.. they also said to try their own "force-quit" if it locks up. Theirs is holding both Shift keys and hit Del. If it works, it will generate a crash log at least.

I also tried turning off Open GL in the prefs, quitting and then turning it back on.. I haven't had the issue return since trying that. Doing a similar thing fixed my Photoshop issues I had been having with Mavericks.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:25:48 pm

Yes, tried the open GL thing, no joy. And Shift Shift Del doesn't work for me. Maxon have passed it up the chain.

Return to posts index

Jorge FerreiraRe: C4D and Mavericks
by on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:07:53 pm

Having the exact same issue. It is also impossible to force quit the process within the activity monitor. This is driving me crazy!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:44:13 pm

I jumped through a few hoops with Maxon, even reinstalled Mavericks. No joy. Then just made a new user, logged in as that and its working, so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]