MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Missing Texture Not Used in Scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Zito
Missing Texture Not Used in Scene
on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:27:59 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to net render a scene. When I try, it gives me a missing texture error. The texture path is to another computer. So I went to the Project Info screen and tried to relink it there (since it's not being used in the scene or project AT ALL) but when I try, it just reverts back to the old path. Any ideas, like how to delete the material completely from the project?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Missing Texture Not Used in Scene
on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:09:40 pm

What version of Cinema are you using? R15 has a new texture manager that's a huge help in locating textures. Otherwise it's a matter of going through all of your materials and deleting the offending file link. Unfortunately, this can happen even if the texture is in an inactive channel, e.g., if you loaded a texture in a material's luminance channel and later decided to deactivate luminance, it will still give you a texture error if you didn't clear the texture path.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:26:20 pm

I'm using R14. I tried deleteing all of the materials and when I opened the project info, it said the material was still being used. In fact, I deleted EVERYTHING from the project, and it was still on that list.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:48:19 pm

How bizarre. I would try selecting everything in the scene in pasting it into a fresh scene.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Nov 4, 2013 at 7:01:13 pm

Wow. I should've thought of that. That did it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:35:53 am

Glad that did the trick. It occurred to me that the problem may have been a reference texture loaded into a viewport. Even if the background display is disabled in viewport properties it will still give an error unless the texture slot is cleared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]