MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3000+ Frame Animation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Reed3000+ Frame Animation?
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 7:28:21 am

Hi guys. I'm new to C4D, and I am using it to create a title sequence. This sequence is going to be about 1:54 long, which equates to over 3000 frames. My question is this:

How can I expect C4D to handle this? Should I break it up into multiple C4D files, then use After Effects to compile my various clips afterwards? Or is something of this magnitude not an issue for C4D?

The actual objects and complexity level are very low, in that I am basically just moving a camera around/through a bunch of simple changing geometry (cubes, planes, etc).

Right now I am headed down the path of keeping it all in one file. After I am "done" with a particular set of geometry for a scene, I am putting them all into a null and key framing the null to a visibility of 0% with a display tag. I am wondering, though, if the existence of the non-visible objects will affect my rendering time/file performance adversely.

I'm sure I haven't even begun to consider all of the implications of this project, so if any of you have any logistical advice on how to approach this so that I don't end up with a monster on my hands, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I have been vague.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved