MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics Issues!!!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany TaverasDynamics Issues!!!
by on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:19:19 pm

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm new to C4D, coming from AE... I'm trying to make an xmas themed project where an ornament falls off of the tree and hits the floor. WELL, I got the ornament to hit the floor etc. etc. BUT I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to be affected by the branches (i.e., hit them, roll off of them, bend them, etc.) as it goes down!!! I know that this is probably something completely obvious and easy that I just don't know about, so please go easy on me!!! Just trying to learn!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Dynamics Issues!!!
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:28:14 am

hitting the branches is like hitting the floor, they need to have a Collider tag on them. The branches will likely have to be a Static or Moving Mesh in the Collider tab Shape attribute. Depending on the amount of branches and their detail it could be hugely slow so you might have to be using a simpler (invisible) proxy for the collisions. Getting the branches to move in response... there is probably got to be more than one way but that's all going to depend on what your scene actually looks like.

Return to posts index

Tiffany TaverasRe: Dynamics Issues!!!
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 3:42:48 pm

Ok yes!!! I've tried that and, like you said, it's pretty slow. haha. But it worked! I'm going to try a few other things though to see how I can get the best effect. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved