MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hair/Mesh Penetration

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas PascavageHair/Mesh Penetration
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 5:41:15 am

Hey guys, ive got a bit of an issue and it may not be some simple fix like a lot of my issues. my hair isn't working properly. It seems to be penetrating my mesh in strange places. for the most part its working correctly, particularly around the head. but shes a girl, and they do penetrate at shoulder level. collider settings, surface to hair, finagling the guides, generating dynamics from both the guides and hairs under the advanced tab, everything and I cant for the life of me get it to work properly. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hair/Mesh Penetration
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:14:37 pm

The first thing I would try is increasing the steps in the Dynamics>Advanced tab. That determines how many times per frame the dynamics are evaluated. If the hair is moving fast it can sometimes penetrate the mesh between calculations.

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: Hair/Mesh Penetration
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 6:55:02 pm

alright im giving it a shot now. im already a bit skeptical cuz you said it happens sometimes with fast motion, but it happens in a simple rest pose when I just let the hair fall into its rest state

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: Hair/Mesh Penetration
by on Nov 2, 2013 at 12:15:59 am

so I tried it and it is good business but further investigation revealed the true culprit. to achieve the curls I did in her hair, it kinks up inside the head mesh. I applied a 1440 degree curl in her hair and it looks great as a whole, guides not penetrating the mesh, but the hair is interpolating and when it curls from the base it leaves some inside from the start, which dynamics then calculates so it exits the mesh via gravity and falls out the front of the face. ive tried animating the hair properties cuz straight hair gives me no problems but as it interpolates to the full curl its a complete mess. any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]