MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Shader texturing question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn WrightC4D Shader texturing question
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:31:13 pm

I created a logo that has 4 corners of a square that are each its own color (see image attached). I did Nick Campbell's tutorial to create it but now I am stuck and can't get the Shader effect to work on each corner. Any one and any ideas? I am not an expert at C4D so just hoping to make something cool.

Return to posts index

Tyson JunkersRe: C4D Shader texturing question
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 12:38:44 am

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but what I usually do is go into polygon select mode, select one corner at a time (Can select one polygon and hit in the menu Select>Select Connected), then right click on the material you want in that corner and hit apply. It should only apply it to the selected polygons. After it's applied you'll see it show up next to the name of your object on the top right as a tiny icon. if you click once on the material there you have better controls over it below, and can select the uvw type you want, in this case I would go with box.

Hope that helps and wasn't too complicated to follow!

Return to posts index

Glenn WrightRe: C4D Shader texturing question
by on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26:10 pm

Hey thanks for taking a stab at giving me a hand with this issue. Wish I could use the polygon mode but unfortunately it isn't editable.

I saw this tut and wanted to try something like it but since I am using a shader for the color I am stuck with how to make each corner a different color.

Still stuck on this problem so any ideas I would appreciate.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Shader texturing question
by on Nov 5, 2013 at 10:11:17 pm

you should be able to use a Texture in Flat mapping (unless the corners move around a lot) and just line up a texture you give you the right colors in the corners or possible use the shader effector (which tutorial is this (does it have a downloadable reference file - I don't have time to watch a 20 minute tutorial at the moment)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved