MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hallman
Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!
on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:53:35 pm

I am animating mucous buildup on a functioning aortic valve. To achieve this affect I am using thinking particles and metaballs.

The particles are generated from a polygon selection using PMatterWaves. Within PMatterWaves, I have set the Birth Type to Texture and reduced the Particle Speed to 0. This setup produces a nice result when coupled with metaballs, in which the generated particles simulate the spread of mucous across the valve.

However, I can’t seem to constrain the particles to the objects geometry so that the particles move with the valve when it is animated. Currently, the particles simple stay fixed in space. Does anyone know how to achieve the desired effect? I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice that you may have!

Below I have attached my project file.

Ryan
Attached Files

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
Re: Constrain TP to Object: Assistance Needed!!!
on Oct 30, 2013 at 2:46:57 pm

6695_aortatptexture3.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Oct 30, 2013 at 4:53:43 pm

There's probably some way to do it via TP but personally I would take the easy way and use Mograph. You can even use it (Matrix Object) to generate TP particles and use your existing metaball setup.

Example: 6697_aortaamt.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
on Oct 30, 2013 at 5:06:23 pm

Thanks for the response Adam. How would you approach the effect via Mograph?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Oct 30, 2013 at 5:37:40 pm

I attached a file to my previous post demonstrating it. Basically I cloned Matrix Object particles onto the mesh, animating the count. I restricted visibility with a noise texture in a shader effector -- sort of like your matter waves setup.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:16:36 pm

The alternate setup that you created looks awesome but the particles still don't seem to move with the flapping valve. Do you have any suggestions for correcting this?

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:42:11 pm

Thank you so much for your help Adam. I just played around with your file and was able to achieve a great result. Your the Best!

Ryan

Return to posts index

Ryan Hallman
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:21:52 pm

I have been experimenting with the TP/Metaball setup that Adam created. For whatever reason the scene only renders TP geometry when all frames are rendered to the Picture Viewer. Does anyone know why I am unable to render individual frames to the Picture Viewer?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 2, 2013 at 3:57:26 am

It may be because it has to preroll the animation to know where the particles are, but I'm not sure. It might help if you cache the mograph animation.

If the animation is final what you might do is export the metaballs to Alembic format, delete the TP/Mograph setup, and then merge in the Alembic file. That should make everything much faster and you won't have any problem rendering individual frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]