MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Content Browser Drag & Drop

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick BakerContent Browser Drag & Drop
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:26:57 pm

I'm trying to add a library of windows / doors etc. into the User section of the Content Browser (R15) This works okay but I can't drag them into my scene, they also open up in their own scene file. I know I can just copy them across to my project file but I don't understand why they work differently to objects in other libraries eg. visualize/objects/chairs.

I have noticed that in the info tab of the content browser the objects supplied as standard by C4d are described `kind: Object Preset' wheras the objects in my library are described: ` kind: File Preset' What is the difference?

When I model my objects I always group them together into a null object - I can't see what I am doing differently. I seem to remember some time ago doing something similar on an earlier release of C4d and there was an option to merge the file but maybe I'm wrong.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Content Browser Drag & Drop
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:50:28 pm

How are you adding the files to your preset folder?

Return to posts index

Nick BakerRe: Content Browser Drag & Drop
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:56:03 am

I have been saving my files to a project directory and then using Windows Explorer to drag and drop them into the Content Browser (I have made a sub-directory in the `User' presets folder) - is that not the right way to do it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved