MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Smoking shell casing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua PavlockSmoking shell casing
by on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:33:38 am

I have something I am working on some 5:56 shells that fall into camera view and roll empty. I would like to have smoke come out of the shells. I have used an emitter for this, and selected a steam PyroCluster for what I wanted to come from the emitter. I put the emitter on top of the shell, and made it a child of the shell so it will move with it. I also used an environment in the project and attached a PyroCluster Volume Tacer to it. FOr some reason, the smoke will not rise after it comes from the emitter. It just continues to go in the direction it was going when it was spawned. I would like the steam to spawn and then, rise up. That is what would happen, so that is what I want it to look like. lol. If someone can give me some tips on what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Smoking shell casing
by on Oct 19, 2013 at 5:08:43 pm

you have to affect the particles - either by spawning them in the direction you want the steam to go from the start or (more likely because it looks more natural) by affecting them with a force after they are spawned, a wind that faces upwards would do but that's not the only choice.

Return to posts index

Joshua PavlockRe: Smoking shell casing
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 9:43:23 pm

I tried using the wind, but that caused many other problems with my how it effected the rest of the items in the render. Do you know a good tutorial out there for wind that could help me? I am also attaching the emitter to the end of the shell, so as it spins into view, the steam is emitted from the tip.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Smoking shell casing
by on Oct 22, 2013 at 1:13:03 am

In the Rigid Body tag on the shells in the Forces tab/Force Mode (Exclude) put the wind in there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]