MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

rendering particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick van den Bergrendering particles
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:49:43 am

I'm pretty new to cinema 4d so i guess/hope this is an easy to solve ''problem''.

i made a particle system with the ''normal'' emitter, not the thinking particles. really easy setup. just an emitter, a plane, wind, turbulence and gravity. (looks like an exploding confetti cannon)

it all looks okay and when i press command+R it also looks ok. but when i render it to the picture viewer i dont see any particles.

I really dont have a clue what i should do to make them appear. i checked some boxes on and off, checked the framerate and googled alot.

any suggestions?

btw: is it possible to give all particles a random color? i guess yes, but didnt find out how.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: rendering particles
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:30:07 pm

The standard emitter has separate settings for birth rate in the editor view and for the rendered output. Is it possible that you increased the editor output but not the render output?

As for random color, there is a way to do it. Basically what you would do is use a cloner to generate the particle geometry instead of the emitter. Set the cloner to object mode and drag the emitter into the object link box. Then assign the cloner a random effector with color mode turned on. Instant random colors.

Return to posts index

Rick van den BergRe: rendering particles
by on Oct 18, 2013 at 1:27:09 pm

it worked, thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Joseph UrsoRe: rendering particles
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 12:52:07 pm

Thanks. That answer helped me too!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved