MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon SimpsonCannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:05:48 pm

I have spent many hours trying to figure this out across all 3 software programs and I'm not getting the results I need.

Right now I am building a jigsaw puzzle in PS and exporting the paths to AI, but the slightest flaw shows up in C4D, HUGE. The paths look great in PS but by the time they are imported into C4D, they have obvious flaws across the sides as they are extruded.

I am using a wacom in PS and trying in AI too, but I cannot get the results I need.

TIA.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:22:22 pm

What type of spline are the splines importing as ( linear, bezier etc) it might not be possible to tell without seeing the ai file....

Return to posts index

Jon SimpsonRe: Cannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 7:00:04 pm

Hi, thanks for the response.

I went ahead and learned how to use the pen tool properly in AI and was about to select the anchor points for each piece and put them on their own layers. Then I imported into C4D and it looks great!

Only problem now is that the caps are not working. I get the wall around each piece of the puzzle but no fillet and cap when I apply them. What could be causing this?

Return to posts index

Jon SimpsonRe: Cannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 7:04:40 pm

Well hmmmm. I went ahead and tried to apply the extrude nurb to every piece and for some strange reason, the caps are showing up on some but not on others.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cannot get clean results when creating in PS, exporting paths to AI and importing to C4D
by on Oct 15, 2013 at 7:57:58 pm

each spline needs to be Closed for the extrude to put caps on.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 17, 2013 at 12:24:47 pm

Thanks for your help Brian, that was my problem. Being new to the pen tool, I had some gaps in there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]