MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R14 - Metaballs with collisions

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyR14 - Metaballs with collisions
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 5:24:27 pm

I know this is possible as I've seen it in some animations but I am not having any luck.

Imagine a rough boxy shape that splits off into three boxy tubes from one main tube. I have a standard emitter at the mouth of the main tube shooting a polygon-based sphere as a particle. I have a hard body tag assigned to this mesh with the collision set to automatic/box/moving mesh (I've tried all 3) and a collider body assigned to the boxy tube shape with collision set to static mesh.

I have a metaball object with the emitter as a child and the particle shape as a child of the emitter. The emitter works great and shoots out the particles, causing the metaball effect to work well but they go right through the collision tube object. Gravity doesn't even work on these particles like this.

Do I have the hierarchy wrong? Or maybe another setting?

A little help please!
Thanks so much,

Return to posts index

Brian MurphyRe: R14 - Metaballs with collisions
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 7:56:25 pm

For anyone who encountered the same problem - I found the answer.

Under the metaball object, you'll want to put the emiiter and the particle into a null object. The dynamics tag will go on the particle object and you will have a collider tag on a ground object elsewhere in the object manager.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved