MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R13 reset world origin position

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan LaceyR13 reset world origin position
by on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:58:02 am

I'm trying to merge an animation which includes PLA and a spline warp into another animation. When I try and scale the first - within the second- it becomes evident that the world origin in the first is in the wrong place.

I've tried all sorts of ways with nulls etc to correct this without success. Is there a way of re-positioning the world origin of the first without upsetting the PLA or spline warp?

Many thanks

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: R13 reset world origin position
by on Oct 11, 2013 at 4:31:52 pm

The quickest way to fix it would be to place the animated objects in a null and then offset the null so that the animation takes place where you want it.

For individual objects you can use the animation tool to move/scale/rotate an object with its animation path.

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: R13 reset world origin position
by on Oct 12, 2013 at 9:21:14 am

Thanks for the response Adam, and I'll certainly try again, but I'm sure that's the first thing I tried, only to find out that the spline, on which the spine warp was placed, was offset from the axis, and it was this offset that I couldn't negate when inserted, positioned and scaled in the second animation.

I've since remodeled the source so solved it that way, but being able to reposition the original world origin would have saved me a day!

Cheers Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]