MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

awful mirror reflections

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Pascavageawful mirror reflections
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:46:49 pm

im making a house scene and in it is a mirror on the wall. I used a simple cube inner extruded a few times and moved along the z axis to get symmetrical grooves on the frame and was left with a single rectangle polygon at the center. I selected it and added a 100% reflection material. I continued about my scene and while looking around I noticed the reflection was off and couldn't figure it out for the longest. then I zoomed in close to the mirror and noticed it was producing a lensing effect with the reflection being upside down and backwards. I played with the material settings and surely it isn't a polygon issue with such simple steps being used to create it but I cant for the life of me figure it out. ideas?

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: awful mirror reflections
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:56:42 pm

*further meddling has revealed that up close, like 6 inches, itll behave fine. as you get to roughly 10 inches away it gets distorted and zoomed. then when youre back roughly 5 feet, its a clear picture, but upside down and backward

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: awful mirror reflections
by on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:33:33 am

Try deleting the phong tag.

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: awful mirror reflections
by on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:13:34 am

omg I freaking love you!!! idk why I ddnt think of that from the get go,such a retard mistake. thanks a million!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]