MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Depth of Field issues with textures mapped onto geometry

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ComradskiDepth of Field issues with textures mapped onto geometry
by on Oct 8, 2013 at 8:12:06 pm

Greetings all,

Here's one for ya: I have a scene where textures made originally in Photoshop are mapped onto 3d objects (like an icon on a cube). All textures have their own alpha with proper knock outs. When mapped onto objects, everything shows up correctly and so does the render... until I apply Depth of Field. Objects that render behind objects in foreground don't get blurred. It's as if the texture boundary of the front object prevents DoF to properly render items behind. This happens to any objects that overlap in space.

So the question is:

How do I get DoF to work properly, so all objects in the scene render with proper amount of blur and *not* have a masking out effect that prevents overlapping objects to render correctly?

Attaching an example (top image, DoF off, bottom image DoF on)

6616_scene.png.zip

Any insight is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Depth of Field issues with textures mapped onto geometry
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 3:25:10 am

Unfortunately that's a limitation of Cinema's standard renderer. You can get around it by using the physical renderer or by using a plugin like ZBlur (http://www.biomekk.com/index.php?page=1&cat=107&itm=26).

Return to posts index

Matt ComradskiRe: Depth of Field issues with textures mapped onto geometry
by on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:57:11 pm

Fantastic, thanks very much for the info. If physical render doesn't solve it, I'll drop some cash on that plugin.

Have a great one!

--

Redpandavfx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]