MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D R14 Studio Stopped Rendering projects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua PavlockCinema 4D R14 Studio Stopped Rendering projects
by on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:24:56 pm

Cinema 4d R-14 studio. 2010 MACBook Pro i7 processor 8GB RAM. OSX Mountain Lion. Render settings are HDV 1080 29.97 Save to Quicktime Movie file. Anti Aliasing set to Geometry filter cubic (Still) Image. GI settings diffuse depth of 2, Pri and sec int 100%, Gamma 2.2 IR+QMC(camera Animation)Irradiance cache set to high.

So I made this object, a 3D title for a film. I have several cameras with keyframed moments in the project. They are pass over/ pass through, close ups of the 3D title to the movie. So I built in all the cameras and passes over the title into one project. 2 of the camera passes rendered out 180 frames in about 24 -30 hours. Now, all of a sudden, I can't get one frame to render from the third camera. I let it sit for over 2 hours and it won't pass the first frame. Just keeps trying to render the first frame. Same project, same settings as the others that rendered out fine. The only difference is the Camera and the animated movement of the camera. I have tried rebooting, cleaning RAM, cleaning PRAM, running Mac Cleaner, merging the items into another comp, and re entering the render settings. Nothing has worked. If I render out the first frame in a preview, then it will complete in about 6 min, and if I add to render queue, it will still lock up on that first frame. Not sure what to do next. Please someone help.

Return to posts index

Joshua PavlockRe: Cinema 4D R14 Studio Stopped Rendering projects
by on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:43:10 pm

Update to this issue. I decided to see what was happening since I had to leave my house for a few days and since even though I had been waiting 2 and 3 hours for frame 0 to render, with no results, I could hear my computer (Fan running) working hard to try and render something. So i started a render and left. I come back 2 days later to find that frame 0 took 44hours 11 min to render, but the other 180 frames only took 5 min. What is going on here? Can someone please help me? This behavior just started and I just dont have the time to wait that long. Why all of a sudden is this happening, the other camera angles rendered in reasonable times without all this BS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved