MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

panorama cubic projection

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
petcov petrupanorama cubic projection
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:10:07 am

does anybody can tell me if it's possible to create a cubic projection of a panorama,i mean to project the panorama inside the cube.

in fact what i want is to put some 3d object in the center of that panoramic photo,on the ground and a camera orbiting 360 around that 3d object

i have a equirectangular panorama and i converted to 6 cubic faces.i tried to put every single of those 6 images to a corresponding cube face
but edges are very visible,i wonder if it's possible to get rid of them somehow.i saw it done in after effects in this tutorial http://library.creativecow.net/articles/larsen_carl/cube_world1.php
but i wanna do it in C4d.

i tried also project the panorama to a sphere but when i put the 3d object it doesn't look right because i have no ground i assume

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: panorama cubic projection
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:32:46 pm

If it's a standard cross-type projection then you should be able to drop it on the cube in the attached file and be good to go.

File: 6520_crosstypeprojectioncube.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

petcov petruRe: panorama cubic projection
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:07:36 pm

thanks a lot but i'm not sure if you understand me correctly - i want the panorama to be projected on the inside (back) faces of the cube and camera to be also inside the cube and orbit around like you do with standard interactive panorama.

the edges and corners of the cube it's still visible

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: panorama cubic projection
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 7:10:49 pm

Yeah, I think I understand what you're saying. To make it work you have to put the texture in the luminance channel and turn off specular highlights. Here's the scene with a texture and animated camera: 6521_cubicenvironment.zip

Return to posts index

petcov petruRe: panorama cubic projection
by on Sep 17, 2013 at 8:53:09 pm

thank you very,very much now i just have to do a little a bit of tweaking for that 3d object to look good when the camera orbits around it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]