MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D R15 Teamrendering with the gsg kits

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar WielandC4D R15 Teamrendering with the gsg kits
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:20:01 am

Teamrendering in a basic setup runs perfect in a mixed WIN Mac environment for my purposes. Now in the next step to watch using the gsg kits i experience some clients stop rendering due to an 'asset error' although the kits are installed on all render clients identically. Is there something special to care about?

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: C4D R15 Teamrendering with the gsg kits
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:24:03 am

I just completed a project using GSG texture kit pro, rendering via batch render - team render to 2 macs and 1 pc. The project itself consisted of standard render, geometry, and pretty much "stock" settings. The project was 5 different camera animations of a football stadium at 150 frames each shot.

My issues overall was extreme flickering using a texture called "blue brick", which is a texture based on a photoshop file of a cinderblock, half painted light blue and the other half a dark blue. The second case of extreme flickering was using glow on my light models. I didn't have any issues with missing textures overall, but the flickering was unusable. I'm not talking of a small flicker around the edges; rather a very large, very noticeable flicker where the texture flickered about 1/4" around. The flicker around the lights (which was a bank of 2 rows of 10 lights) was similar to individual lights turning on and off. Not the effect I was going for...
I can kind of understand the flicker on the glow, but I've yet to figure out what was causing the flicker on the texture. The texture itself was applied to a large single cube, built to something like 1500x400cm. It wasn't on a small, skinny piece which I would understand could have issue.
I did run a quick test on bumping up the antialiasing to "best" @ 1x1 - 4x4, but that increased the time too much and the flicker still persisted.

I'm going to have to open up one of my previous projects that had a heavy glow/FX applied to objects that I ran out of R14 net render with no issues, and see what results I end up with.

Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: C4D R15 Teamrendering with the gsg kits
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:25:48 pm

OK, Thanks for so much input!!! My problem in special is resolved: you have to take care every team render member has all the same codes as on the host machine...since one of them was a simple macmini nothing was installed there...I render my in some materials embedded movies into a simple codec and now it runs fine...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved