MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manny Rellesivahow to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:45:59 am

I made a grid array of cubes using cloner then added a random effector. I want a texture to stick with the cubes so I used Tags>Generate UVW coordinates. But in order to this I have to make the cloner editable. However, doing this would make my random effector's animation useless. How do I stick the texture without the random animation removed? Im following greyscale gorilla tutorial

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/tutorials/stick-textures-to-dynamic-object...

but the difference is I don't use the dynamicfloor tags

thanks

manny

Return to posts index

Peter CavalleroRe: how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:37:42 pm

Hey Manny,

Exact same issue here... Did you ever find a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:42:55 pm

probably you just need to use Fix Texture in the Cloner/Object tab

Return to posts index

Peter CavalleroRe: how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 5:07:51 pm

Guess I should have been clearer- My issue is how to preserve an effector's animation after making a cloner object editable. I'm still pretty new to C4D- hope the answer is not too obvious...

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:19:34 pm

if the Fix Texture switch in the Cloner works you won't have to make the cloner editable at all and the animation is preserved. Does it work that way? Otherwise you'd have to export the cloner to alembic and bring it back it (unless someone knows something better)

Return to posts index

by on Oct 3, 2013 at 1:31:31 pm

Awesome! The fix textures switch worked. Took me a minute to get it. Thanks Brian.

Return to posts index

Margherita BallarinRe: how to stick texture on objects even after cloner is made editable
by on Nov 19, 2014 at 10:27:56 pm

hello! same problem here...
how exactly did you make the fix texture switch work?
cause it doesn't make any difference here!

many thanks,

Return to posts index

by on Nov 20, 2014 at 3:48:45 am

From the Help - This method works with every projection type, except for UVW, camera and frontal mapping. So your material meeds to be something other than UVW (probably).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]