MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

UI Mouse Hovering Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando BittarUI Mouse Hovering Issue
by on Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01:04 pm

Hello there,
I'm a frequent reader of this forum but never had any questions to post here so this is my first.
I am having a trouble with Cinema 4D R14 OSX (I think it started on version R14, maybe R13) that is pretty annoying and I don't know how to "fix" it properly.
The thing is that the mouse cursor on this software is dynamic in a sense that it focus on whatever menu it is hovering. That's fine most of the time when you're going back and forth between the Objects, Attributes, Material and Viewport windows. But there's a specific situation it drives me crazy that is when you have to input a number somewhere. You click the box and MUST leave the cursor exactly on top of it or it looses it's focus from the textfield meaning you can't input whatever it is you wanted to.
Now, there's an option in preferences named Mouse Move Activation which I thought would be the solution for this but it doesn't work. My mouse keeps loosing it's focus on textfields. Also just as an observation I'm a wacom tablet user so you could see why's so difficult to keep the cursor in a tight area since I have to let go of the pen to type.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: UI Mouse Hovering Issue
by on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:49:22 am

Are you clicking in the text field before typing or just mousing over and trying to type? I haven't had this problem when using the mouse, but I have to click into the text field to type a number and that works fine.

I am also a Wacom tablet user and I have trouble (in R14) doing this with the pen. I can't click in a text field with the pen, I have to switch to the mouse to do it. I don't know why this is so; I think it's either a C4D 14 problem or a Wacom driver problem. Would love to find a solution for this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved