MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Reflections washing out texture too much

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon SimpsonReflections washing out texture too much
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 4:34:08 pm

I have a black dotted line grid as a material for a plane that is becoming a very light gray as the reflection is turned up. What I want to do is place that same dotted line grid on top of it, kinda like a transparent png file, and turn off reflections for that layer, but I am not having any success pulling this off.

Does anyone know a way I can accomplish this? I need the dotted lines to be a rich black, without losing my reflection. Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Reflections washing out texture too much
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:20:44 pm

reflections can accept a map to control where you want refections to show, black for no reflection white for 100% (of whatever the reflection strength is set to). So just put the same black dotted line grid into the Reflection channel (assuming the background of that texture is white) and you should get what you want.

Return to posts index

Jon SimpsonRe: Reflections washing out texture too much
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:59:08 pm

Hey Brian, thanks for the quick reply. Where do I find those settings? I am still new to C4D.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Reflections washing out texture too much
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:34:41 pm

in the Reflection tab of the material there is a slot about half-way down called Texture - put the texture you are using for the grid in there.

Return to posts index

Jon SimpsonRe: Reflections washing out texture too much
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 6:09:24 pm

I got it to work fine, thank you!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]