MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture variation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RygielskiTexture variation
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 1:39:58 am

I'm trying to up the realism of tree leaves by adding a bit of variation to the hue/saturation of the diffuse texture. I've read about using the multishader and layering different variations of the texture, but I don't know how to tell each leaf to randomly pick which variation to inherit. All the leaves are together in one mesh object. It's probably a simple step I'm missing, it usually is.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texture variation
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 3:19:21 pm

You would need to make the leaf object the child of a mograph fracture object and set the fracture object's mode to explode segments. Then you can assign the fracture object a random effector set to affect color. The effector will then randomize the multishader's output.

Return to posts index

John RygielskiRe: Texture variation
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:11:39 pm

Ah right, the random effector. Unlike cloning, though, the Index Ratio mode doesn't work in the multi shader on this, just Average Color. Is that right? Also, is there a poly limit to fracture? It works on a simple test, but surprisingly hangs up C4D when applied to the tree leaves.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texture variation
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:16:38 pm

With the multishader you'd want to use the color brightness mode. Then the random effector applies the colors. For best results set the random mode to sorted.

As far as a polygon limit for the fracture object, I don't know of one, but it does get deathly slow with very high poly counts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]