<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Luchini Duca[C4D r14] Camera and target orientation with Null
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:55:14 pm

[C4D r14] Camera and target orientation with Null

Hello to all,
I have the r14.
Seeing this tutorial:
https://vimeo.com/22689709
he creates a Camera tag Target. Then creates a null and link it to the target, so that the target of the Camera is now the Null. In the video, in fact, at minute 3:00, he shows how the (selected) Null controls the Camera having axes oriented in the same way of the Camera.
I have done many tests but to me the Null appears at 1/3 of the central axis of the Camera (and not at the top, where is the Target) and has ALWAYS axes as World Coordinates (even if I change the coordinates of the system).
In short, I do not find a way to parent the Null in the Camera (or a target applied to it, as in the case of the video), which has the same axes oriented as those of the Camera ( as it should to be able to better control!).

Anyone can help me, please?

THX

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: [C4D r14] Camera and target orientation with Null
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:20:05 pm

If you want the camera's focal point (or the top, as you describe it) to match the target null, click on the camera and in its attributes (object tab), check the "use target object" box.

If you want the target null to face the camera, give it a target tag and drag the camera into the target object box. But I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that as the rotation of the target null doesn't affect the camera.

Return to posts index

Simon Luchini DucaRe: [C4D r14] Camera and target orientation with Null
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:47:21 pm

Hi Adam,
It seems like a second option you said, but if you have a bit of time, please spend it to see tutorial link i attached, cause he makes something different and obtain something I'd like to understand. He applies a Target tag not to Null (how you said) but to Camera, and you can see that Camera and Null have the same orientation axes when selected.
What happen...?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:13:52 pm

No, in the video the null does not rotate with the camera, or vice versa. The two objects just happen to be pointing in roughly the same direction when they are created.

You can tell they aren't rotating together when he moves the target null around.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:41:23 am

Hi Adam,
I didn't talk about rotation... i just said that in that video, the Camera coordinates (axes) have the same orientation (better, direction...) of the Null, so the Null's blue arrow has the same direction of the Camera's Blue arrow... and how don't know how or why...
I can just obtain the same Camera and Null coordinates orientation targeting BOTH ITEMS, but the arrows look at each other... shortly the coordinates have same orientation (XYZ) but not the same direction AS WELL, as in the video.

These are the screen shots with all setting.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:09:04 pm

Well ... if you just want the null to have the same general orientation ... rotate it so it has the same gerneal orientation as the camera. What is the purpose of this exercise?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:15:27 pm

All is right, Adam, but if you have seen the video, it obtained what I said in another way (really easier) and therefore I thought that maybe there was something wrong.
Anywhere, many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]