MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Motion tracked, trying to set up a scene, and having trouble.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit ParekhMotion tracked, trying to set up a scene, and having trouble.
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:00:25 pm

So, I shot this footage in a game called Minecraft. I then motion tracked what I shot and exported it into c4d. It looks fine. It's got the null object as points and it looks great and looks like it works.

Now, my problem is, I have exported this scene from the game. Just the small chunk that is necessary for the extra "cubes" to be placed around and effects to be added. My problem, is that is there an easy way to line up this scene (from an obj file) and import it so it best lines up to the null object points around. I'd love to know how to do this.

So, just to offer more information to this problem so you best know what is going on, I've uploaded some images to help.

So, firstly, this is what the scene looks like from the footage.

After motion tracking this and importing it into c4d, it now looks like this.

To export the scene, this is what the options looks like. To ensure that each "block" in the scene (this game is based around voxels/cubes) is best for c4d, I set it to the settings currently shown so that each "cube" (in game) is around 100cm in c4d.

But then it looks huge so I set these settings to:
"Make each block 100mm high"
"Model's Units: Meters"
(which is actually the default), but then that is too small.

Is there a set scale I should set everything to or something? Is there any more information you need, please just ask.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved