MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

geometry fails to update until frame change

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Olson
geometry fails to update until frame change
on Aug 20, 2013 at 7:22:51 pm

When I move my rig (the triangles), the corresponding mesh fails to update until the frame has changed. How can I get this to redraw on the same frame?
Thanks!

6429_rollerssetup.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Seth Olson
Re: geometry fails to update until frame change
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:06:18 pm

Hmm, after further investigation, I believe the problem is with the Loft object specifically. I have other projects doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:28:32 pm

a SweepNurb seems to follow with no delay so if you use one spline and sweep along that...

Return to posts index

Seth Olson
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:52:57 pm

I tried a sweep nurb but had difficulties getting the bank to match the curvature of the "film rolls". Thats why I was using the cloner objects to define the radius and degrees of the path. I was wrong about the Loft being the problem.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 20, 2013 at 9:27:59 pm

you can use both tracers in a sweep with simple spline between (the second is a rail)

6432_rollerssetup2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:19:13 pm

I think the problem is that the loft nurbs is evaluating before the Tracer objects. You can see it if you turn off the loft, as the tracers actually move as expected.

The easy workaround is to simply press play in the time slider so it's running as you move the pieces around. Not so great if you're keyframing, though. :)

Another workaround is to pull the tracers out of the loft object and replace them with two mosplines that reference the tracer splines.

Return to posts index

Seth Olson
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:50:33 pm

Ok, the Mospline worked! I had some lag but it was smaller. Then I reordered the objects on the list to mirror the desired order of operations (top to bottom) and it is all real time!

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]