MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rigid Body problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Collison
Rigid Body problem
on Aug 7, 2013 at 5:49:23 pm

First off, Im not using Broadcast, I am using studio. I know this is an issue w/ that version. I have a model of a TV that I changed to a rigid body. I created a floor, set it to rigid body, but it shows the icon of a Collider body. I have the TV raised a little bit, and want it to drop and do a simple bounce off the floor but it keeps falling through the floor. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Rigid Body problem
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:09:36 pm

Is your TV composed of several objects grouped under a null? And have you placed the rigid body tag on the null? If so, you'll need to set the tag's Collsion>Inherit Tag property to compound collision shape.

Return to posts index

Gerald Collison
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:44:06 pm

The TV is composed of several objects, but I don't think it's a Null. I went through all of the different pieces in the model and added a collider body and rigid body to it to no avail. How could I put them in a Null. I created one and tried to drag and drop but that didn't work.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:49:47 pm

First delete all the separate tags, then drag all the objects into a null and give the null the rigid body tag set to compound collision shape.

Return to posts index

Gerald Collison
on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:25:40 pm

That worked!! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]