MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

standard vs Physical render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerostandard vs Physical render
by on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:23:39 am

Hello,

I have investigating about if using physical render or not. In maxon help says is really good for calculating post effects such as motion blur. However I wonder why doing motion blur in Cinema, when you could do it in Nuke or AE.

Is there any other advantage for Physical?? is really faster?? the GI works well in animation?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: standard vs Physical render
by on Aug 7, 2013 at 2:55:18 pm

The main reason to do motion blur in 3D is if you have multiple effects that could conflict if you try to do them in post -- like motion blur and depth of field.

Here's a good introduction to the physical renderer:

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: standard vs Physical render
by on Aug 9, 2013 at 12:54:25 pm

Hi Adam thanks so much for this useful video.

The only thing i wonder, if the GI works better in Physical. I heard in Greyscalegorilla that the Physical GI works better in animation. In cinema 4D help says it is the same. This means is there no way to do properly GI with animation?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: standard vs Physical render
by on Aug 9, 2013 at 3:33:25 pm

It's possible to use standard GI for animation. The only thing is that it can be slow because the whole scene has to be cached before rendering can start. This isn't so bad if the only thing that's animated is the camera, but the setting for full animation is quite slow.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: standard vs Physical render
by on Aug 9, 2013 at 5:00:09 pm

I see, but you are talking about the stardard GI right?? I meant the physical one, which I have not seen any option for full animation. The full animation one, I thought in the end nobody use it due it is almost impossible to hit deadlines . I usually do simulated radiosity .

Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]