MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to curve an object after extruding it from a vector?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James PiersonHow to curve an object after extruding it from a vector?
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 10:02:33 am

Hello,

I am as new as you can get to Cinema 4D, so I apologise if I use the wrong terminology. But basically I drew a simple 'trophy cup' in illustrator, from there I then imported it into Cinema 4D, used the extrude NURBS button and linked my illustrator lines, played around with the depth/positioning of everything until I was happy with it.

I've attached a screen shot:

The problem i'm having is essentially the cup I have is just a flat image with depth, I would like to be able to have the body of the cup curved like it would be in real life (the top of the cup a circle rather then a rectangle, and coming in at the middle in a nice curve etc.) I converted the body of the cup to an editable nurb, but I have no idea where to begin shaping/curving it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Kind regards,
James

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: How to curve an object after extruding it from a vector?
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:46:13 pm

The "cup" should be modeled used a LatheNurbs and a spline... but in your setup you could try adding a bulge deformer and see what you get. You'll have to subdived your geometry on the face as it looks like one N-gon.

http://www.mographcandy.com
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How to curve an object after extruding it from a vector?
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:43:48 pm

take the spline you are extruding and put it into a LatheNurb rather than the extrudenurb. You really only need half the spline with a lathe as it spins the spline 360° around.

Return to posts index

James PiersonRe: How to curve an object after extruding it from a vector?
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:14:13 pm

Thanks so much guys, I did what you suggested and drew a spline, then used the lathe extruder - worked perfectly.

Thanks again!
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]