MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Axis problem ..

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashish GuptaAxis problem ..
by on Jul 30, 2013 at 6:41:05 am

Facing a weird problem ..

I created a spline,put it in extrude nurbs, made it editable and did a connect and delete to connect the caps.. adjusted the axis of the object to the point from where i wanted the object to rotate .. then put the object in a fracture object and applied a plain effector for the rotation .. but it doesn't rotate from the axis of the object instead it rotates from the center of the object ..

If i simply adjust the axis of extrude nurbs and put that it the fracture object it works perfectly .. or even if i put the object under a null which is at the point from which i want the object to rotate it still works properly .. what's the reason for this behaviour ??

Here's my scene file :

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Axis problem ..
by on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:45:01 pm

I think because it's the Fracture object and that can take all the polys separately if you disconnect first and use Explode Segments it must be aware of the poly's center at all times. The only reason your Extrude works is because it has a spline inside it and you can manipulate where the Extrude is independently of where the spline is - it acts acts as a null itself. Any of the Parametric objects would need to be in a Null as well to get them to rotate where you want them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved