News: ChronoSculpt is a Game Changer for 3D Sculpting
Brings revolutionary time-based cache sculpting to all 3D software pipelines
(Anaheim, California--July 23, 2013) Interactive 3D sculpting software has forever changed the way 3D modelers, texture artists and designers create and manipulate CG content. ChronoSculpt™ from the LightWave 3D® Group, introduces sculpting over time, a revolutionary way to review and correct cache animation and dynamic simulation using time-based sculpting tools. Its flexible interface supports leading file formats for all professional 3D software programs, including LightWave 3D®, Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, Luxology Modo, and Maxon Cinema 4D.
Easily edit cache animation for massive model sizes up to 10 million polygons.
ChronoSculpt uses a powerful timeline-based workspace that includes tools to sculpt and manipulate 3D deformations and character cache animation over time. It supports soft- and rigid-body dynamics and has the ability to sculpt and deform massive polygonal models on the timeline to correct and remove errors in real time. The many tools and features in ChronoSculpt allow artists to:
- Quickly remove dynamics simulation errors and jitters to sculpt deformations on cache files from 3D software programs
- Use Sculpt, Drag, Pinch, and Erase tools to deform and manipulate geometry over time
Quickly correct or manipulate cache animation over time in ChronoSculpt.
- Move, scale and rotate geometry over time in dynamics simulation cache with tools such as Transform, Pin, and Bulge
- Handle massive geometry files to easily edit objects up to 10 million polygons in size
- Use universal file formats, including Alembic, LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, and Autodesk Geometry Cache for easy integration in all software pipelines
- Save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ file for Maya Blend Shapes, or as an Endomorph for LightWave, to create facial morph targets and deformation effects
ChronoSculpt has an easy to use interface to easily fix and manipulate cache animation over time.
- Use the ChronoSculpt Clip Timeline to quickly adjust and reposition the length of a cache animation sculpt anywhere on the timeline or make global changes to the entire animation
“ChronoSculpt is a groundbreaking concept and exactly what we need in our studio,” said Scott Wheeler, president of Rogue State, a visual effects and post production studio in Burbank, CA. “The ability to fix errors in both cache animation and dynamic simulation files across time, regardless of the 3D software program, will without question save us countless hours in production error fixes. We can’t get it in our pipeline fast enough.”
Pricing and Availability
ChronoSculpt is priced at $399 (USD) and available for purchase at http://www.chronosculpt.com.
For more information about the LightWave 3D Group, please visit: http://www.lightwave3d.com, Twitter, YouTube or connect with us on Facebook.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: http://www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.