MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[REQUEST] How to achieve a style of CG animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Coleman Reyna[REQUEST] How to achieve a style of CG animation
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:25:12 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just had a question as to how I would accomplish a certain animation style, or rather explained. I’m sure you have seen the Disney short “Paperman” but if you haven’t, here is the link:

I love 2D animation, but I also love the look of 3D animation. This is obviously an awesome combo of the two styles. Here is another video that briefly showed how they got this effect:

I understand the concept of rendering different layers and drawing tweened lines on top of the models, but I don’t exactly know how to do this. I know that Disney uses its own programs, but I can’t imagine that this can’t be done with C4D or Maya or Max.

So does anyone want to further explain how this can be done with some sort of tutorial? I’m sure tons of people are wanting to implement this in their work, but don’t know the correct steps to do so.

Currently, I am using C4D, but I am up to using a different program just to achieve this effect. If someone could explain this process in clear steps, it would be greatly appreciated by me and I’m sure, many others.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to spread their knowledge!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved