MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lost binding between bones and mesh

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey ChinLost binding between bones and mesh
by on Jul 16, 2013 at 3:42:46 am

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project that requires a walking man. I made a simple rig, bound it to the mesh, adjusted weights and looped a basic walk cycle. After that I turned it off in the work view and render view, and modeled some other stuff for the scene.

Once everything else was ready I made it visible again but it seems the bones are no longer bound to the mesh. The rig still loops its walk cycle, but the mesh doesn't move. I have no idea why this is. When I last left it the rig and mesh were animating just fine. Could I have done something in between that would break it?

I modeled some other assets, imported some models and brought in an After Effects camera through Cineware before I turned the walking man on again. I've attached the scene, but stripped out all the other models and assets since this is for a client.

Return to posts index

Xander HashinoRe: Lost binding between bones and mesh
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:47:10 pm

Hi Casey Chin, it seems your mesh lost it 'joins' in the weight tag.

Return to posts index

Casey ChinRe: Lost binding between bones and mesh
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 12:12:57 am

Hey thanks for the response. I actually figured out that Cineware, the link between After Effects and C4D, was breaking the binding. Not sure what it's doing exactly, but I turned Cineware off and my project was fine. Guess there's still a few bugs to work out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved