MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Question on explosions and rigid body,

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Parekh
Question on explosions and rigid body,
on Jul 15, 2013 at 10:04:51 pm

Hi. I'm working on this project and I need to make an explosion. I have a bunch of cubes which explode out the ground, but I need them to fall to the ground without going through the ground. And I need them to sit there, without moving, before the explosion happens.

Let me know if you need more information from me. I know it has something to do with rigid body and collider body but I don't know what. I'm using a Null object and "Explosion FX".

Thank you in advance,
Ak.

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
Re: Question on explosions and rigid body,
on Jul 16, 2013 at 6:31:29 am

Where exaclty do you want your cubes before the explosion .. ?

Have you tried using thrausi for breaking the geometry for explosion instead of using explosion FX .. ?

What type of explosion are you hoping to achieve ?

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Amit Parekh
on Jul 16, 2013 at 9:47:44 am

So the block themselves will explode. Since it's Minecraft, they look fine in the ground. But when I make it, I want the blocks to fly out of the ground in a random fashion, but fly ONLY a very shoort distance (since I'm working in cm, and 1 Minecraft blocks is 100cm, I say around 200-500cm distance). If they stack ontop of each other, that's fine, I don't care about that.

Currently, the cubes before the explosion are where I want them to be. In the crater I made for them, and they look good with the surroundings. I don't want to break the cubes up for anything, I want the cubes to actually "fly" around and land.

It need to be a small explosion, meaning they don't travel very far and the explosion is just enough to clear most the blocks out the crater and make them land around the explosion.

The reason I chose Explosion FX is because I put all the blocks/cubes in a null object, per crater I'm making, and it gives me the most control over the explosion. But I'm having a lot of trouble making it explode and land around the side as I do not know C4D physics, like what tags to use and stuff for the world and the blocks and stuff.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more.

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Jul 16, 2013 at 1:49:40 pm

Learning basic cinema4d dynamics would be a good idea at this point .. Go ahead and watch some tutorials .. It's not that hard really ..

Based on what you told me, i put up a rough scene file:

6268_cubesexplodeoutofcrater.rar.zip

Hope it helps .. !!

Ashish Gupta

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Amit Parekh
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:02:01 pm

Do you have any suggestions for good physics tutorials?

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is amazing-ly useful. I should be able to just replicate what you did for what I need. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:52:40 am

May be start with the Greyscalegorilla introduction to cinema 4d series ... those tutorials are great for basic understanding ..

Ashish Gupta

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Amit Parekh
on Jul 17, 2013 at 8:53:45 am

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Amit Parekh
on Jul 16, 2013 at 8:34:10 pm

Do you have any suggestions for good physics tutorials?

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is amazing-ly useful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]