MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Movie as Material on a tranparent pobject

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar WielandMovie as Material on a tranparent pobject
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:42:24 pm

Hello, via material color and alfa i can position a movie on an c4d object f.e. a greenscreen movie on a plane. How can i set the plane or i.e. the c4d object to 'transparent'?

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: Movie as Material on a tranparent pobject
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 6:03:23 pm

Do you have a black and white alpha loaded into the Alpha channel of what you are trying to key or just a duplicate of the greenscreen movie? It doesn't have to be BW as long as the file you load has an alpha.

http://www.mographcandy.com
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Movie as Material on a tranparent pobject
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 6:21:26 pm

thx for feedback: i have a greenscreen movie. I load in AE then keylight and the result is a movie with 'black' background. I render that out as rgb + alpha. Then iload this as material background in color and alfa in c4d. Then i apply this movie material on an object. Fine! The question is how to get this object transparent, in order to see the underlying scenery behind this object and the movie over it. in the meantime i tried it with the material 'glass' applied on the object. which seems to work...

So the object is now tagged with material Glass and tagged with the material movie (color, alpha). The result is i have that greenscreen movie integrated as part of the transparent object. The transparency of the object has to be tuned .... but i think this is one way to get the desired result...

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Movie as Material on a tranparent pobject
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 9:12:06 pm

It should work in the alpha of a regular material -- you probably need to adjust the alpha settings. If the material has a built-in alpha you can choose that layer by clicking on the file name and then clicking the "Layerset" button in the attributes manager.

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Movie as Material on a tranparent pobject
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 7:33:29 am

Thanks, got it...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]