MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Linking multiple sliders with staggered animation to a single slider

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean CussonLinking multiple sliders with staggered animation to a single slider
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 12:30:33 pm

I have a door on a cargo container that I'm opening and closing. The issue is that there's a series of things that need to happen for the door to open. A flap needs to rotate 180 degrees so that the door latch can pull up in order to allow the locking bars to rotate in to the proper position bla bla bla.....

I have each animated property connected to a user data slider so that everything is one place when it comes time to animate. They are animated sequentially so that object "A" can move out of the way before "B" starts to move. I should point out that each object is only being animated by one rotation axis since they really only need to turn out of the way for the next object to move.

What I'm trying to create now is a master slider so that 0% to 10% controls the full value of slider "A" and then 11% to 25% controls the full value of slider "B" and so on.

I'm assuming that there's an expresso node to place between the output of the "Master Slider" node to the input of "slider A" node that says take the first 10% of Master slider and apply it to the full 100% of "slider A".

If that isn't clear enough, I made a crude graph to try and illustrate what I'm trying to do.

|---A---|
0% 100%
|------B------|
0% 100%
|--C--|
0% 100%
|----------D----------|
0% 100%
|--------------------master slider------------------|
0% 100%

Return to posts index

Sean CussonRe: Linking multiple sliders with staggered animation to a single slider
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 2:37:54 pm

I found the answer using a range mapper node.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Linking multiple sliders with staggered animation to a single slider
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 3:20:03 pm

having one slider control multiple objects in sequence is possible with the range mappers, you just have to set input upper and lower limits and clamp them like this

6209_oneslidertrial.c4d.zip

I see you already found the solution but I'll post this example anyway in case anyone is searching later

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Linking multiple sliders with staggered animation to a single slider
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 3:20:16 pm

Sean,

Range Mapper is what you are looking for...

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]