MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Confusion over emitted objects and dynamics

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowan BiddiscombeConfusion over emitted objects and dynamics
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 12:41:11 pm

Hi guys, first post here so please be kind! I'm trying to have a load of objects emit from the emitter and fill an empty box, the problem is that as soon as I press play on the timeline, my computer slows down to a snails pace and doesn't show even ten versions of the logo/object.

Points to note:

I only want a single frame render of all the objects left in the box, I don't want to record any animation/movement.

I'm guessing the slowness is something to do with there being too many polygons in the object I've created, however, I've tried hundreds of different ways to make it smaller/simpler but all to no avail.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Quad Core i7, 8gb ram and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

I have genuinely spent ages trawling forums and youtube tutorials to work this out but I'm not getting anywhere...

I've attached what I assume is the project file, again, not had to share one of these before to please understand if I have missed something...

Any help would be amazing! Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Confusion over emitted objects and dynamics
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 8:32:57 pm

wrap your logo in a simple proxy object that has a minimum number of polys, make the receiver have a minimum number of polygons, scale the whole thing down so the measurements are more real world. Because you want only a still and not an animation don't use an emitter, use a Cloner - there is a pause as the animation starts but once it gets going it's much faster to run then you can let it settle.

Return to posts index

Rowan BiddiscombeRe: Confusion over emitted objects and dynamics
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:35:09 am

Thanks Brian that helped me so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to solve my problem. That will save me hours and hours of head scratching in the future...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved