MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sierpinski pyramid in Cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus KarlssonSierpinski pyramid in Cinema 4d
by on Jun 30, 2013 at 6:05:23 pm

I wanted to create a Sierpinski pyramid (A pyramid within a pyramid within a pyramid and so on) But im stuck and probably not doing it right (have used Cinema 4d before but i would still call myself a 3d beginner)
Here's an example:

Was wondering if anyone could help with the best kind of technique to do this? Placing loads of pyramid objects in the right place gets pretty complicated after a while. So was wondering if anyone could help out or point me to a tutorial or something along the lines of that?

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvoRe: Sierpinski pyramid in Cinema 4d
by on Jun 30, 2013 at 11:04:58 pm

not sure how you would build those in c4d but maybe take a look at TOPMOD, a free modeling program, it has functions that allow you to create those kind of meshes and export them as .obj's. has lots of interesting features and easy to create things like the sierpinski pyramid. its here:

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Sierpinski pyramid in Cinema 4d
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 3:30:20 am

There's probably a way to do this mathematically via scripting, but I was able to create one fairly quickly using mograph and some manual intervention.

I started by creating the base structure with sixteen pyramids at the base, then four, etc. I created the first three levels using mograph cloners and then I stacked them manually.

Then I duplicated that structure and replaced the pyramid objects in the hierarchy with the base objects that I already created. That required quadrupling all the distance values in the cloners, and again, manual stacking.

Repeat the process as many times as you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved