MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Exporting from c4d to an interactive 3D platform

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marianne Gallagher
Exporting from c4d to an interactive 3D platform
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:02:13 pm

Hello everyone, (first post!)

I am currently modelling something up in C4D and just coming to the end of the process (in V Ray for the first time) I have been asked to export the model to a platform so it can be viewed in an interactive manner.

I was wondering if anyone else has had experience of this?
All kinds of questions come up like what format to export in, what software out there can handle C4Ds offerings. Would it be a case of exporting and creating something in an interactive pdf.

Ultimately, I really want all the data, (from geometry to even the HDRI) to be able to sit on an Ipad and be view 360. I realise this is a broad question but if anyone could shed light on how they may even go about this, it would be greatly appreciated and maybe we can thread it up in a bit more detail.

Best Wishes,
Marianne

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Exporting from c4d to an interactive 3D platform
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:42:14 pm

for viewing on an iPad I would try the Quicktime VR Object format in the render settings. The iPad should be able to use that.

Return to posts index

Darren Bell
on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:17:52 pm

You could write an app in Unity3D. You need to export your scene as an FBX then import this into Unity3D. Ideally with light maps baked.

You will need a little bit of programming knowledge and you will need to be an apple developer, however to produce basic interactive 3d visualizations this isn't too hard.

What sort of scenes are you producing?

Return to posts index

Marianne Gallagher
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:23:58 pm

Many Thanks.

In relation to Brain's suggestion, Quicktime VR Object. I found this video which i found quite useful, someone else might too.

But what I would be looking to do would be more like what Darren suggested. I've started looking into Unity and the worry is getting the quality good enough. I need to get my head around it a bit. The elements of the scene are a static model with lights, a various array of VR advanced surfaces including an hdr texture. Things will be getting baked (my friend is now working on that part whilst I rugby tackle Unity) but any tips anyone has out there for a decent FBX file would appreciated.

Thanks again for the reply

Return to posts index

El Hector
on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:42:22 pm

Have you checked out sketchfab.com? It looks very easy to use and you upload your models so you can embed them on your website just like you would embed a video. The downside is that currently the C4D exporter is only available for MAC but I'm sure there is a work-around for windows.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]