MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Seeking Cinema import solution

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew BauerSeeking Cinema import solution
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:49:16 pm

Hi All,

I use Cinema 4d to better communicate engineering work, such as animating and rendering the output of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) sequences.

For example, I might design a cap for a bottle, do FEA to assess the loading force and deformation of the cap during cap application over a 5 second period (say 30 analysis steps per second), and then export that sequence of meshes to Cinema to render with high quality materials to show management the results.

If you are not familiar with FEA, in my case it basically uses a geometry mesh, calculates the distribution of applied physical forces as they propogate through the mesh nodes, calculating the force distribution and material behaviour (like change in position of each node) in time steps. Each time step results in a different geometry mesh which represents the deformation of the structure at that time.

Today, my workflow is such:
Complete FEA
Export mesh for each time step toe vrml format
Import each vrml step
keyframe each vrml object on and off in sequence

This takes FOREVER!

I'm seeking someone who has the expertise to automate any or all parts of this process.
Perhaps making it so I can import all the meshes, and then it can automatically sequence keyframes based on mesh name?

I am willing to pay for this work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved