MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Glow Texture appears Stepped along Sweep NURBS

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Barone
Glow Texture appears Stepped along Sweep NURBS
on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:21:49 pm

I am trying to create a laser path which will appear as though its bouncing off mirrors.

I created it with a spline path, Sweep Nurbs, originally with a circle, and now with a square. For some reason my texture, which has a glow, appears to be "stepped" along the path instead of a constant glow.

Any idea why this is happening?
6185_laser.c4d.zip

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
Re: Glow Texture appears Stepped along Sweep NURBS
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:43:55 pm

Below is a screenshot of the "stepping" of the glow that I'm seeing. Any idea how to get rid of this?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:16:26 pm

Not sure what's causing it but I see it here, too. Might want to do that in post.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:59:20 pm

the glow is exactly matching the pre-antialiased editor view overlaps (to make the line 'continuous' on screen) they must be calculating the glow from that info. If you zoom in it smooths out or if the rectangle in the extrude is made larger it smooths out… With the similar settings in AR glow it's still similar (but AR glow also has different properties that are not very laser-like). The White Lights plugin can get pretty close but it has a tendency to round out the corners at larger glow sizes and is maybe impossible to control opacity - like Adam said, maybe post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]