MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with OSX Lion upgrade

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Barnier
Problem with OSX Lion upgrade
on Jun 24, 2013 at 9:41:16 pm

I just upgraded my Mac Pro from Snow Leopard to Lion 10.7.5. Since then Cinema 4D (r14) has been slow as molasses. Even just adding a simple cube to a new scene takes several seconds. Moving around the scene is almost impossible. Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions as to fixing this problem?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Problem with OSX Lion upgrade
on Jun 24, 2013 at 10:32:45 pm

No idea, I never had any troubles on Lion (or now on Mountain Lion) but then I never had 14 on Lion I think, that was probably 13. What is your graphics card?

Return to posts index

Steve Barnier
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:06:19 pm

I have an ATI Radeon X1900, 512 Mb. The Mac Pro is from 2007. I'd upgrade to Mountain Lion but this thing is too old for that upgrade.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:39:32 pm

which might not help anyway if the graphics card is the problem. Does it get better if you uncheck Use OpenGl in Preferences/OpenGL? Maybe Maxon support might know something more

Return to posts index

Steve Barnier
on Jun 25, 2013 at 8:33:22 pm

Yes - if I uncheck Use OpenGL the problem seems to go away. Not sure I want to do without OpenGL, though.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:32:26 pm

you definitely don't want to in the long run, I'd contact Maxon Support and let them know - either they know about the problem and can tell you a solution (or maybe you would have to upgrade the card) or it might be something new with 14 and the X1900

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]