MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rendering hair

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack CookRendering hair
by on Jun 17, 2013 at 7:28:53 pm

I'm using hair to make some grass on the sea floor, and having a problem. First of all, I'm using Cinema ver. 14 on the Mac. Here's the problem: The main issue is with the length not rendering. I've made the hair, tweaked it for variation, color, etc., and it looks great in the editor. When I render in the editor it looks the way I want it, the length is right. But when I render to the Picture Viewer the hair renders as tiny little nubs, instead of long grass. I went into the render settings and in the Object tab of the Hair Render section the length was set to 0.2. So I set it to 40 (using meters as the unit) and rendered again, and no difference at all. In the hair material the length is set to 100%, and the amount to 100%. How can I get the hair to render the way it looks in the editor when it renders there?

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: Rendering hair
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:52:04 am

What's the Root Guide Length? Try playing with that in the Hair Object.

http://www.mographcandy.com
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Rendering hair
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:20:15 am

Thanks, Dan. The root guide length is 21m. I'll mess with it and see what comes up.

Jack

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: Rendering hair
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:03:16 pm

post your scene file if you continue to have problems.

http://www.mographcandy.com
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Rendering hair
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 1:32:26 pm

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately the file is 91MB. It's filled with thousands of objects and stuff. I found that if I copy the hair object and put it into a new blank file it seems to render properly, so I don't know that a stripped down file would show the problem.

Jack

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Rendering hair
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:16:33 pm

Try selecting everything and pasting into a new file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]