MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpresso: How to iterate through an objects points and assign a Null's position

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Paterson
Xpresso: How to iterate through an objects points and assign a Null's position
on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:20:27 am

New to Xpresso and trying to figure out how I could rig it up so that if I have a shape with say, 6 points, and I want to iterate through those points while simultaneously iterating through a list of nulls (one null per point), and update the position of each point based on the position of the corresponding null.

My first thought was to have a hierarchy node call the nulls but there's no way to explicitly call a null based on it's number in the list. ie) My iterator node goes through each point in the shape based on its index number, but as far as I can tell there's no way to use that same information to call the corresponding null. But I know there has to be a way!! Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Xpresso: How to iterate through an objects points and assign a Null's position
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:16:25 pm

what kind of motion are your Nulls going to be going through? Are you animating them by hand?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Xpresso: How to iterate through an objects points and assign a Null's position
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:43:16 pm

Here's a basic setup using the Hierarchy Node: 6145_iterationnulls2pointpos.c4d.zip

EDIT: oops -- just noticed that I had two object index nodes in that setup, whereas you only need one. Just delete one and reconnect the wires.

Return to posts index

Ryan Paterson
on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:00:46 pm

Very nice, Object Index seems to be a bit of a life saver. Too bad its not in the Iterator group where it belongs!

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]